Head of Accounts Payable & Procurement
My client are looking for a Head of Accounts Payable & Procurement to join their business on a temporary basis. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes problem solving and overcoming challenges. The role is based in Watford.
My Watford based client are a Not for Profit and Charities organisation who are going through a large system implementation at the moment, due to a large number of their processes currently being paper based. There is a large opportunity here for someone who would like to take a project that is already in process but make it their own. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for bringing new ideas to the table and coming up with a valid way to implement them in an efficient manner.
The main duties of the Head of Accounts Payable & Procurement will be:
- To design the new revised staffing structure going-forward, once the process improvements have been implemented
- Make the processes as streamlined and paper-free as possible
To maintain the purchase ledger ensuring completeness and accuracy of the information
- To reconcile the purchase ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Come up with and implement change
Carry out contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers
Implement and monitor procurement policies and procedures across the business to ensure savings and efficiency is maximised
The successful Head of Accounts Payable & Procurement:
- Will have previous experience of leading a change management process/ system implementation process
- Will have previously been in charge of implementing a new invoicing system
- Previously turned around an under performing accounts payable department
On offer for the candidate is a £300-£350 day rate, negotiable depending on experience. There is also parking on site, as well as a direct bus from Watford Junction if the candidate is travelling via train.