Personal Complex Care Assistant - Children
Newcross Healthcare is seeking a compassionate Personal Care Assistant to join out Complex Care Team supporting children with additional needs in their own homes in the central Bournemouth areas.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Role
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Care Assistant, with the drive to expand their knowledge base to deliver first class complex care to our clients. This could include learning disabilities, tracheostomies, suctioning, stomas, ventilators and challenging behaviours, however any previous experience in a complex care at home role could be accepted.
This job role involves looking after either a single child or children who have 2:1 care provision in their own home and assisting them to access activities in the community. Due to the nature of this role experience in a similar role working with children is requested.
Shift patterns include after school, weekends and school holidays.
Experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous although full training will be given:
- Children with Challenging Behaviour
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Ideally we are seeking drivers for this role so access to your own vehicle and a full driving licence are required for this role.Newcross perks
- Salary of up to £15.04/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free training through credits earned as you work and access to complex care specific training
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- One-to-one relationship with a local service manager
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirments for this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working with children
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A full driving license and access to a car
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.