Website Developer - Lead Web Developer
Location: Sale, Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Hours of Work: 40 per week
The One Advice Group provides a range of legal and financial services for customers. The Group incorporates a number of brands including Harrington Brooks and OpenDoor.
We are one of the UK’s leading debt solution providers and currently help customers repay unsecured debts through Financial Management Plans and our services also include the management of Individual Voluntary Arrangements for over 20,000 customers.
You’ll be the go to person for all consumer facing web development and front end user experience related aspects to ensure that we provide robust, well maintained assets, tools and collateral for users, stakeholders, new and existing customers of the One Advice Group.
You must have the ambition, knowledge and ability to set the technical direction for the Groups web sites in order to create the most user friendly experience and to set the standards in coding, researching new technologies and work methods that will create important USP’s for the Group.
These assets will be used to ensure the information and web services we deliver are optimised for retention, acquisition and compliant commercial purposes and will add value to the customer and colleague journey.
The role includes provision of support and development for the central intranet communication, knowledge and tool kit.
The role will also work closely with supporting IT functions to ensure the correct levels of web performance and security are in place to manage risk and compliance; and that the appropriate controls, industry standards and future proofing is achieved.
- Development of user facing applications and pages to create an optimum experience
- Innovation and research - new methods and technical advancements for existing or new assets, products and service
- Advising on the best ways to deliver projects, customer and colleague solutions
- Building or maintaining robust and secure systems and databases
- Test of code and user journe
- Bridging the gap with IT to create a seamless web solu
- Assisting in the advancement, running and maintenance of the intran
- Weekly activity report, project management, contribution to Board report and production of accurate M.I.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure that any development and web collateral does not put customers, colleagues or the Group at risk.
- Ability to identify and assess the adequacy of control frameworks and make appropriate recommendations.
- Operate in accordance with the relevant legal, regulatory frameworks and Information Commissioners Office as well as internal Compliance jurisdiction.
- Risk assessment and absence of litigation.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced front end development
- LAMP & LEMP stack development, configuration and maintenance.
- Innovation and insights in to new tools, technologies and best practices
- Help maximise resources, investment and results
- Experienced in integrating APIs and plug ins
- Documentation of development lifecycle
- Leadership of standards and guidelines
- Enforcing testing and quality assurance
- Able to persuade and communicate effectively
- Driven and able to work independently within a team
- A passion for the user experience
Experience with languages and systems used for our existing sites:
- HTML 5
- CSS / SASS
- PHP 5.6+
- SQL / MySQL / MariaDB
- Linux Server Management & CLI
- Git Version Control
Experience with languages and systems that we could/ should be using to provide a better user experience, and perform better site maintenance:
- PHP MVC Frameworks
- NoSQL Document Store Databases
- PHP 7
This isn’t a comprehensive list, these are just some of the technologies that are vital to existing sites, and would be most beneficial in upcoming projects.
Values & Behaviours
Do the right thing - doing our best for our stakeholders
Responsible - as an employer and to our stakeholders
Open and honest - clear and straightforward in all we do and say
Valuing our people - respecting employees and helping them progress
Treating Customers Fairly
TCF remains central to our conduct that we put the wellbeing of customers at the heart of how we run our business