An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 experienced procurement officers to join this North Hertfordshire organisation. Working within the corporate services team and reporting into the Procurement Manager, you will be a hands on procurement professional who is able to run full end to end tenders, whilst managing stakeholder relationships and ensuring value for money is achieved.
In your role of Procurement Officer, you will work across a range of indirect spend categories, and your daily responsibilities will include:
- Managing the full procurement life cycle including developing best practice tender processes and preparing tender documentation.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify requirements and deliver savings against targets within relevant categories.
- Ensure KPIs are upheld and suppliers are delivering in line with contract requirements
- Identify new opportunities to deliver efficiencies and develop the ongoing category strategy
- Ensure all procurement activities are inline with relevant OJEU and EU procurement directives.
This is a hands on role and requires individuals who are able to think strategically and provide input into the ongoing category strategies and vision of the department. The role also requires a strong communicator who is able to manage relationships at all levels. Public sector experience, including EU regulations and OJEU processes is also required.