We are pleased to be recruiting for the UK head office of an international company to recruit a Reconciliations Clerk for their finance department. On top of a competitive salary, the company offers a fantastic benefits package, excellent working environment and opportunities for career progression. We are seeking candidates with previous finance experience and knowledge of general accounting including VAT, balance sheet reconciliation and accounts payable.
Duties to include:
- VAT accounting and HMRC reporting
- Accounting for Contract Hire Fixed Assets.
- Accounting for ECOPS and Loan Scheme vehicles
- Office of National Statistics (ONS) reporting
- To ensure Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled every month to group standards.
- Maintain Loan Scheme spreadsheets
- Raise monthly interest invoices based on ECOPS Loan Scheme
- Maintain data for GMAC claims
- VAT Returns and accounting
- Collate data, prepare and submit returns to ONS
- Maintain relevant procedures and work instructions up to date.
- Justification of Balance sheet accounts
- Sound understanding of double entry book keeping
- Knowledge of VAT rules and GMAC
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven reconciliation skills and ability to work with complex data
- Problem solver with proactive approach to finding resolutions
- Capable of working to tight deadlines under time pressure
- Capable of communicating well with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Well organised and proactive
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support