Database Marketing Analyst
We have an excellent opportunity for a Database Marketing Analyst to join our team in Cardiff
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- To deliver excellence in campaign design and execution across L&G group.
- To deliver end to end database marketing campaigns including pre campaign planning, data extractions & insightful post campaign analysis to support business decision making.
- To agree with the internal customer an accurate data brief. For example, gather and document client requirements, question and challenge as appropriate to ensure exact requirements are understood and documented.
- To provide clear, concise and engaging insights that will help drive the next profitable campaign and communication.
- Develop and maintain working relationships to ensure that data available for data extractions is accurate and complete.
- SQL coding to manipulate data on GMD and other warehouses
- Prioritising output to effectively deliver activities in line with set deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem solving to ensure timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Individual activities are planned and regularly reviewed with line manager and stakeholders to ensure delivery.
- Deliver to realistic timelines set between self and line manager
- Fact find effectively in order to fully understand needs and requirements of stakeholders
- Ensuring all analysis aligns with internal sources to ensure quality is met.
- Generating creative and practical solutions to work situations, always questioning and considering more efficient and effective alternatives.
- Ability to question and challenge in a positive manner.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication in order to:
- Communicate and gain approval for activity.
- Communicate activity to team and stakeholders
- Overcome difficult issues in internal or external relationships effectively.
- Build relationships and communicate in a clear and fluent way to appropriate audience.
- Seeks feedback on issues and ideas
- Able to amend style of delivery to suit the audience.
- Works with others to meet business objectives
- Seeks others views on approach and outputs
- Works constructively across the customer insight team
- Focuses energy and effort on objectives and outputs to be achieved and adopts a sense of urgency at work.
- Is open to ideas and adapts to change.
- Will have strong analytical skills and an ability to develop & interpret data
- Accurately test and check processes for errors that may influence campaign effectiveness.
- Be personally accountable for any errors/omissions or data breaches and raises these effectively within the team
- Excellent understanding of:
- Executing optimal campaign selections and analysis
- Deploying a campaign process to deliver robust, measurable campaigns
- Analytical best practice across the insight team
- Deploying models / analysis to drive greater database marketing performance
- Deploying propensity and other models to campaigns
- Understanding of:
- Data Protection Act, European data directive and application
- L&G’s data storage policy and data transfer policy.
- Other group data sources (insurance, LGIM, LGR) to supplement GMD data
- Sound knowledge of all Insurance products. Appreciation of wider L&G Group Product suite and strategy
- Campaign sign off processes in order to ensure all campaigns are compliant
- Campaign briefing process to ensure all campaigns correctly logged and auditable
- Understanding of database marketing trends and how they are/will impact on Insurance Customers including multi-channel campaigns
- Understanding of L&G’s main competitors in terms of their marketing offering, strengths and weaknesses and potential opportunities and threats to the L&G Direct model.
- Insight / Analysis or equivalent Marketing qualification (or studying towards)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.