Mechanical Project Design Engineer
Project Manager/ Design Engineer required for our client a Design and Build specialist within the HVAC/ Mechanical Services sector, they have longstanding contracts across London for some very prestigious buildings and property management companies and are seeking a Project Design Engineer to create mechanical designs for new projects and to manage sites from initial enquiry to project handover.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse role that will utilise both project management, project engineering and design skills, 50 percent of your time will be spent in the office creating mechanical designs for new projects for air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing and heating installations, other aspects will be more client facing out onsite directly responsible for project delivery.
It will be required to have experience with site surveys, sizing of equipment, overseeing projects and designing layouts for mechanical services. Typical projects include commercial fit outs and refurbishments of high-end residential buildings, hospitals, universities and other projects.
Possessing good all-round knowledge of full mechanical building services will be required such as ventilation, fans, air conditioning, plumbing and gas pipe work, flues etc. Specialising in plumbing and heating on a domestic and commercial scale will be a distinct advantage.
Mechanical Project Design Engineer Duties:
- Completing site surveys for mechanical services installations and refurbishment work.
- Client facing responsibilities, site meetings and project coordination.
- Creating designs for projects.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
Mechanical Project Design Engineer Requirements:
- Experience managing Design and Build projects.
- Able interpret mechanical/ HVAC drawings and coordinate installations.
- Previous experience with building services, specifically plumbing and heating.
- Ability to use Hevacomp/ Cymap desirable.
- HNC/ HND, Msc, Bsc, Beng, Meng in Mechanical Engineering desirable.
Mechanical Project Design Engineer Package:
- Company Vehicle
- Pension/ Healthcare
- 25 Days Holiday