Regional Fundraising Officer
Job Title: Regional Fundraising Officer
Location: Home based, North of England
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Community and Fundraising Events Team within the Fundraising, Marketing and Communication Directorate. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to continue to develop community fundraising in the North of England region. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head of Community and Events to develop and implement regional fundraising plans for the North of England.
- Developing existing and establishing new fundraising activities across the region
- Supporting fundraising opportunities
- Cultivating and recruiting new and existing volunteers to participate in a range of third party fundraising events or to hold their own in aid of fundraising events
- Working with our corporate desk to establish and develop fundraising opportunities with local organisations
- Planning and managing an agreed programme of fundraising projects
- Identifying and researching potential fundraising opportunities where required
- Ensuring that we optimise all internal communication resources to encourage staff participation and support of events
- Liaising with our data processing team to ensure all income is accurately accounted for
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
- Full driving licence and have transport readily available
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or experience in an appropriate field.
- Demonstrable experience in Community fundraising role
- Demonstrable experience in running regional local fundraising appeals
- Recruitment and managing volunteer fundraising groups and individual fundraisers
- Planning of fundraising events programme and evaluation of fundraising opportunities
- Working with the media
- Working with other fundraising teams to deliver diverse activities including events, corporate partnerships and key supporter/cultivation activities
- Excellent written and face to face communication skills, with an aptitude for interacting with colleagues and supporters on all levels
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), databases and the Internet
It would also be great if you had:
- Certificate in Fundraising
- Knowledge of fundraising databases (ideally CARE)
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary £22,360 - £26,000 per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Insurance following probationary period