Salary & Benefits: Between £32k - £36k per annum FTC + pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days' pro-rata annual leave.
We are interested in applications from people who are immediately available and seeking a short term (three to six months) full-time or part time work opportunity. Full time hours are working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. Part-time hours are based on three or four 7.4 hour working days.
As a Senior Auditor, you will be responsible for undertaking programmed and ad-hoc audits to provide assurance to Board and senior leaders of the business. You will provide an opinion on the control environment and risk management arrangements within these areas, primarily for Yorkshire Water but also across the wider Kelda Group. You will be expected to work on your own initiative and as a member of the Group Internal Audit team.
What will the role involve?
Your role will involve planning, directing and participating in audits across the business, with a focus on financial, and some operational and capital audits. Under the general direction of an audit steward or audit manager you will develop appropriate audit programmes to document and test the control framework.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Plan, direct and undertake audits in the assigned area of responsibility
- Interpret policy and procedure, and apply best practice auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate controls over complex programmes / projects / contracts / financial records and operational systems
- Identify and analyse causes of uneconomic and inefficient practices, and assess or suggest alternatives which might yield desired results
- Develop recommendations to improve control frameworks, draft reports documenting findings to senior management and agree actions
- Prepare working papers, schedules, and summaries in line with internal audit standards.
- You will be expected to contribute positively to:
- The achievement of the department's objective to provide assurance to decision makers
- The development of the internal audit service
- Communication and promotion of best practice across the Group.
What skills are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with degree level education and ideally a professional qualification (Internal Audit/Accounting), with experience in auditing financial systems, programmes and operational systems, including commercial contracts and large projects. You must have the highest standards of integrity & ethics and great communication skills, both oral and written. You will possess strong interpersonal skills to achieve management commitment to findings and good organisational skills to plan and balance your workload.
You will have sound IT skills to use a range of different IT systems and perform statistical analyses of data.
You may be required at times to drive to other operational sites, therefore a full valid EU driving licence is required for the role.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities for the Group. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working, you will support us in achieving our vision of being 'a catalyst to organisational improvement and good governance by enabling world class risk management and providing good practice internal audit services'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on line and complete the application process.
The Kelda Group provides water and sewerage services to domestic and business customers across the UK, managing the following subsidiary companies: -
Yorkshire Water is the main subsidiary company providing water and sewerage services to 4.7 million people and 130,000 businesses in the Yorkshire region. Its activities are regulated by the Water Services Regulation Authority, Ofwat.
Kelda Group values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Kelda Group reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.