Food Technology Teacher
** Food tech teacher position
** Immediate start
** School based in Romford, Essex.
A mainstream secondary school based in Romford require a full-time teacher of Food Technology to start as soon as possible, until July. They are seeking a teacher who is able to teach the subject across key stage 3-4. You will join a well-resourced and collaborative department in a school where students are well motivated.
This position is suitable for both experienced and newly qualified teachers. This role requires a Food tech teacher who is able to teach engaging lessons.
The ideal candidate will have:
• a recognised teaching qualification
• A current DBS (Registered to the update service)
• a confident and friendly approach
• A strong background in Food technology.
• Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach Food tech across key stage 3-4.
• Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
• Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
• Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.