Buying Director - Fashion
My client, a growing high-street fashion retailer have an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Buying Director to oversee the buying function across their womenswear, menswear and accessories categories. This role will report into the Managing Director of the business.
The ideal candidate will come from a large high-street fashion retailing background. As a Buying Director you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the further development of the general Buying strategy across all channels, and implementing the Category conceptual ranges and Buying plan, aimed at maximising turnover and profitability
- Strategic planning and visioning, leadership and team management, influence, communication
- Through supervision and direction, developing and ensuring implementation of a brand strategy together with range and buying plans, based among other aspects on trends, competition analysis, evaluations and feedback from the stores
- Set financial standards and goals for the category team and ensure consistent execution, process and accountability
- Initiating concept development and concept innovation, and monitoring their implementation on the shop floor and online
- Ensuring adequate supplier management with the Far East and Europe throughout the critical path, monitoring and adjusting the performance of suppliers and managing the relationship on a strategic, tactical and operational level
- Effective communication with internal departments including press, marketing and digital regarding seasonal campaigns, promotional activity and press days
- Reporting and if necessary timely adjustment of performance per category
- Through supervision, coaching and knowledge transfer, ensuring optimum quality (and quantity) among staff, who then work and continue to develop in a good employment climate, effectively and efficiently
This unique job opportunity will require womenswear buying experience from a fast-paced fashion retailer in a product development environment; menswear and accessories experience is also desirable.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary. If you're interested in further details please respond to this advert with your CV, or get in touch directly at quoting Q104341.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.