Trainee Retail Consultant
Experienced in retail and considering a career move? We are looking for people with strong retail experience at manager or supervisor level, excellent communication skills, evidence of good computer systems skills and proven expertise in software systems for a role in retail software solutions. Home Counties based, £28k to £30k plus car allowance.
This is a market leading consultancy and retail solutions provider, with clients in many retail organisations in the UK and internationally, including food and non food, department stores, convenience stores and major supermarkets. A successful and fast growing company, they are looking to expand their consultancy team. Training and development will be provided to people with strong retail backgrounds in responsible roles, good verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service ethic, and evidence of good computer skills, such as a computing degree or involvement in software projects. We will also be looking for people who have already been involved in implementing, training or supporting software solutions.
In this retail operations consultancy role you will:
- support the senior client facing business analysts and functional consultants as they lead retail software implementations for a range of clients
- assist in the creation of documents, such as requirements specifications for the software, training documentation, project progress reports, and responses to ITTs and RFPs in the sales process
- respond to client queries and requests in the absence of the senior consultant
- learn to configure software solutions
- liaise with internal and external people to ensure requirements and project status are clearly communicated and understood
- assist with administration, meetings, travel plans related to the consultant role
- participate in building strong client relationships
- play a key role in ensuring software implementations succeed.
If you are looking for an environment in which to progress a career in retail systems implementation with good career opportunities, please send a CV to find out more and explore if this is the role for you. A cover letter is optional, but most successful applicants have included one.