SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs - Croydon
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) | Academic Support | KS3 - GCSE | Starting Immediately
Your New School
Your new secondary school in is currently seeking an exceptional SEN Teaching Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis starting immediately. The school need an SEN Teaching Assistant to help increase the maximum learning potential of each and every child they work with. If you have the skills to motivate and inspire children facing challenging barriers to learning, then this TA job is ideal for you.
Your New Role
Your role as a SEN Teaching Assistant will require you to work alongside the school's teachers to support and deliver learning activities, facilitate effective learning and promote a happy school environment. The challenges you will face day to day mean you must be a dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant with a passion for supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and the desire to have a positive impact on building good relationships with staff and students.
To succeed you will need to demonstrate:
- You must have recent and relevant experience as a Teaching Assistant either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Be educated to a degree level
- Have proven experience working with young people in a secondary school setting
- Previously supported students with SEN - predominately be able to work 1-1 with students
- Be committed, flexible and able to use own initiative
- Have good knowledge of the UK national curriculum for KS3-5
- Motivate and encourage the pupil to have a go at activities they may be unsure of
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the Inclusion Manager, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies.
Benefits of working with Hays
Not only will you receive all the support you need from a Department for Education recruitment expert, while working for Hays you'll also enjoy a range of employee benefits including access to professional development training and holiday pay.
You will also have access to a wide range of Teaching Assistant opportunities, many for which are only available to Hays candidates as certain schools across South London work exclusively in partnership with Hays.
You will also receive £250 in high street vouchers every time you recommend a friend to us, so If you know of any educational professionals, please refer them on to us.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For more information please contact Kavita at Hays Education on .