Estimator, Commercial Construction Industry, Bristol (BS4). Salary up to £30,000 + bonus + benefits including pension, life assurance, 22 days’ holiday + bank holidays, free parking etc.
I am recruiting an Estimator to work for Windowglass Ltd (Bristol, BS4), a well-established and expanding business that designs, manufactures and installs architectural window systems for the commercial construction industry.
As Estimator you will report into the Sales Manager and work to ensure the company gains the maximum competitive advantage in its market by estimating for and thus securing appropriate orders at good profit margins.
Estimator KEY RESPONSIBILITIES;
• Make bid / no-bid decisions (following company guidelines) and review contract to ensure effective use of your own time and resources to maximise the chances of securing appropriate orders for the business based on complexity, product mix, location, anticipated gross margin, programme constraints etc.
• View and read architectural drawings and extract the relevant information necessary to compile an estimate
• Have the product/sector knowledge and ability to utilise estimating software for the preparation of estimates
• Assess the potential Clients’ requirements and advise accordingly with the aim of providing the client with a compliant, cost effective solution to their project needs.
• Be aware of external factors that have an impact on company’s products such as building regulations and legal legislation to ensure that the appropriate products are used in the correct locations.
• Be aware of externally sourced products and their suitability to be incorporated into Windowglass’s products and the implications of doing so e.g. glass types and performances, lead times, compliance with legislation, associated costs etc.
• Liaise with clients as appropriate to obtain additional information to enable the provision of an estimate
• Production of where possible `on-time’ estimates and key supporting information for the client in line with their enquiry.
• Service both new and existing Clients
• Ensure all estimate information is readily available (paper and computer records) to assist other members of the department who may become involved with the enquiry and other departments if an order is secured.
Estimator, Skills and Experience Required;
• Experience of working in the commercial construction industry
• The ability to read Architectural drawings
• Preferable but not essential experience of working with Windows or Curtain Walling
• IT Literate, ideally with experience of using Estimating software
• Highly organised and methodical
In return for your commitment you will enjoy a rewarding and stable career working in a friendly, supportive and professional environment for a company that is going from strength to strength based on a reputation for excellence.
Dawn O’Shea recruits directly on behalf of Windowglass so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is shortlisted you will be contacted by telephone to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.