SEN TA - East London
Location: East London
Pay Scale: £60.00 - £80.00/day
Start Date: ASAP
GSL Education are urgently seeking Teaching Assistants with experience of working with pupils with special educational needs(SEN), especially in East London.
You may work with a range of ages in a mainstream school or a dedicated special needs school. Your work will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher
- Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
- Adapting support according to needs
- Looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- Creating a stimulating environment
- To provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
- Keeping records and attending review meetings
To be considered for a role as SEN Teaching Assistant, you will ideally have:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification e.g. CACHE Level 1, 2 or 3 or a graduate
- Experience with SEN/EAL/ELD students and in depth SEND knowledge
- Understanding on how to support the inclusion and progress of pupil with emotional and behavioural needs.
- Ability to build relationships with students, other members of teaching staff and senior management.
- Strong communication and behaviour management skills, as well as possessing the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact our Education Consultant, Brittany Allan, as soon as possible.