Capita are a FTSE 100 business and the UK's leading business process outsourcing and professional services company, delivering back office administration and front office customer contact services to Private and Public Sector organisations across the UK and Ireland.
Capita IT Services is the largest Business Unit within Capita, with revenues of circa £1,000M p.a. and in excess of 5,000 staff across the UK. Capita ITS delivers integrated transformational solutions that leverage our industry and process insight in a commercially attractive way that give the client guaranteed results, access to state-of-the art transformation and operational expertise, access to project financing, and the flexibility to scale as their business grows
A fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager as part of the Capita Networking Solutions WAN Finance team. Working with a team - the principal responsibilities will be for ensuring a high value, high profile WAN contract delivers on both P&L and Balance Sheet efficiency.
This is an excellent opportunity for a pro-active, commercial individual that is looking for an opportunity that encourages personal, professional development and to influence the process & practice to effect change.
What You'll Do
As part of a small team, the role will provide Finance support for a Contract within Capita IT Services division. The role is interactive with the business and, working principally with the Transition and Operations teams, is responsible for the capture and reporting of activity across the whole life of the contract - including maintaining appropriate procedures and documentation. In addition, the role will work with CNS Finance leadership to identify and develop opportunities for improvements in Management Information (MI) and process efficiency across the Contract Finance function - including its' interactions with the wider CAPITA Networking Solutions (CNS) Group.
The role will include ownership of the following, relating to both income, costs and work in progress:
- Working with the Business Accountants as required to ensure effective partnering with the Transition and Service Delivery team to provide financial review & challenge as part of the delivery process - including WIP efficiency
- Lead the month end process through to Trial Balance and ensure control accounts with supporting documentation are maintained
- Balance Sheet management (accuracy & efficiency) - CAPEX, Contract Fulfillment Asset (CFA), Debtors, accruals, prepayments, WIP & inventory
- Oversight of the billing process to ensure complete, timely and efficient (including SAP)
- Provide standard month-end reports to management
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support to local and divisional management
- Support the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting exercises for the Circuits business including updating AXIOM for the SWAN Contract
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role or Part-Qualified / QBE with 8 years' experience in a similar role
- Business partnering / Influencing non-Finance stakeholders
- General ledger query and balance sheet reconciliation
- Management information development
- Process improvement and change management
- Experience of month end reporting
- Excellent excel skills
- Large company exposure
- Project accounting
- SAP General Ledger/Invoice Billing
- Telecoms industry experience
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job we will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.