Finance Business Partner
The role will seek to utilise the information across the business to increase speed of decision making, increasing efficiency and support the continued growth of the business. The role will require business partnering department directors and head of departments, providing them insightful financial information and providing challenge on performance. The role will also be required to develop and take ownership for all business wide financial and non-financial Management Information (MI). The role will also play a key part in the annual budget process and reforecasting cycles. In addition, the role will support the Finance Director on ad hoc projects.
- Develop close and trusted working relationships with all department Directors and Heads and provide support for decision making
- Develop a strong understanding of all departments including the key cost drivers and reporting requirements
- Understand key cost drivers and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Analysis of sales and margin performance including product, customer and reginal analysis
- Supporting the sales directors on pricing, rebates and promotions
- Working closely with operations team to analyse, report and challenge the performance in production and warehousing.
- Working alongside supply chain team on stock forecasting, analysis and stock optimisation
- Support all departments in producing business cases for investments (capital and non capital) and make recommendations regarding approvals
- Work with all departments to identify investment proposals which lead to operational efficiencies with a view to cost savings
- Centralising of all MI (Financial and Non-Financial)
- Delivery of MI to Directors in a cost efficient and easy to use manner which allows rapid decision making
- Working with the Financial Controller to ensure detailed variance analysis of monthly performance to budget and prior period.
- Supporting the Finance Director in delivering the strategic planning process including annual budget and reforecasts (when required)
- Interpret financial performance of the business, identifying risks and challenges
- Ad hoc and proactive analysis to influence decisions
- Supporting the Financial Controller in delivering the month end close process including variance analysis
- Be professional at all times.
- Good commercial and strategic awareness.
- Good problem solving and analytical ability to understand issues affecting the companies and have ability to provide solutions.
- Good technical ability.
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation and maintain good relationships with external parties.
- Contribution to the creation and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Support the Operations Manager in adherence to Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- Conduct all communications with external stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism and a friendly positive ethos.
- Establish, maintain and promote a positive working relationship with Directors and staff at all levels.
Professional Accountancy Qualification
Experience in commercial or business partnering role
Experience of working cross functionally
Possess a good degree of numeracy
Good oral and written communication skills
IT Literacy, with specific emphasis on Excel competence.
A high level of attention to detail and accuracy