QA Test Analyst
Are you an experienced tester and looking for a high-performing, ambitious QA environment? Do you want to work for one of the UK fastest growing technology firms?
Reporting to the QA Team Leader, you will ensure manual testing is designed and executed to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment.
You will advise and collaborate with all quality stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take and design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fastpaced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Advise and collaborate with all quality stakeholders on the QA approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Follow the agreed QA process and approach for both manual and automated testing, in order to align with the test & business strategy.
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams’ definitions of done.
- Execute static reviews/requirements reviews in line with the department’s QA approach.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations and identify, assess and escalate quality risks.
- Where appropriate, write, develop and maintain automated Test Scripts within the Automation Framework to ensure maximum coverage, quality and scalability across products.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
- Report to the QA Lead on progress and areas of risk.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes
- Experience in testing legislative compliant software, for example payroll, accounts, financials.
- An understanding of working practices that users are engaged in when dealing with legislative compliance and tight deadlines.
- Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Strong experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Solid testing experience and good understanding of test approaches and techniques, including specific approaches for SaaS products.
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- Experience of assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
- Experience with the Robot Framework
- Understanding of how to structure automation to achieve robust, efficient and scalable test packs.
- Experience of keyword-driven or scripted acceptance testing (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience of creating automation packs from the bottom up
- T-SQL - experience of writing basic queries
- Experience of Data driven testing
- Experience of using JIRA
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/volume preferably)