Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller
A leading support services and construction company operating in the UK seeking a Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller in their offices in Central London.
The role is for a sole Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller reporting to the Finance Manager. The position offers great exposure being a part of the finance team and gaining good exposure to a variety of roles within accountancy.
The responsibilities will be as follows (not limited to):
Before invoice due date:
- Contact client to ensure they have received invoice and it is being processed and not been rejected for whatever reason. Obtain an estimated payment date if possible
After invoice due date:
- Contact client to ensure it is being paid now or on next payment run. Obtain a firm payment date
- Send copy invoices and supporting documents again if necessary
- Send client statements where more than one invoice is outstanding
- Liaise with PM’s / PD’s about older debts and enlist their help to contact client and facilitate payment
- Escalate problem accounts to Directors and send 7 day notice before action letters if necessary when debt becomes over 60 days old
- Raise sales invoices in EZB, both certified and direct
- Save a copy as pdf and print a hard copy and attach to relevant supporting documents. (valuation cert, payment cert, PO or invoice request details)
- Email invoices to client and cc all relevant contacts, write details on face of invoice for future ref
- Send hard copies in post where applicable
- File invoices in numerical order
- Enter invoices into client on-line commercial portals where relevant and follow through their invoicing and payment process
- Check bank daily and allocate cash received against invoices on client a/c in Accounts system
- Print and file customer remittance advices
- Update weekly cashflow spreadsheet
Aged debtors analysis
- Run weekly aged debtors report and update weekly short term cashflow forecast with expected receipts roughly in appropriate week
- Run weekly outstanding invoices RAG report, sorted by age and update comments
- Send relevant sections to individual PM’s/PD’s for the projects & clients they are responsible for
- Run monthly aged debtors report for month end management accounts file, agree with GL control a/c balance
- Approximately half way through the month run Project Revenue & Cost Report in EZB for the current month and compare actual sales raised with the estimated WIP at the previous month end.
- Highlight any significant differences (>£50k) with invoices actually raised. Identify any WIP from previous month not yet invoiced and ascertain when it is likely to be invoiced
Cash receivable forecasting:
Liaise with PM’s / PD’s to obtain the future valuation and billing dates for each project and ascertain an approximate value. Enter by project to build up a view of forecast future income each month
- Cross reference to monthly cash flow forecast revenues for management accounts reporting pack
Ad hoc Reports:
- Run turnover report by client download to excel and sort by value
- Run invoice register listing every quarter and save in excel
- Client statements
- Turnover by sector
- Debtor days targets
Staff Expenses & Purchase Ledger Assistance:
- Assist with input and payment of staff expense claims on a weekly basis.
- Assist with input and payment of self employed freelancer invoices on a weekly basis.
- Answer phone and generally assist purchase ledger clerk on an ad hoc basis as required
A successful candidate will need to be able to have credit control experience with a polite and professional manner when addressing the client. Also, someone who is process driven and able to get on with the role themselves and fit in with the finance team around them.
What’s on Offer
A fantastic opportunity for a credit controller to experience other responsibilities within the finance team. Whilst working within a very modern office in the Heart of London.