Electrical Remedial & Technical Supervisor, Chelmsford
Salary - DOE - Circa £30,000 per annum
Hours - 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Thursday and 8.30am - 3.45pm Fridays
Reporting to Operations Manager
Responsible for managing customer complaints and providing technical support to the internal customer service team.
- Electrical Engineering background within Lighting, knowledge of current installation standards and site procedures and practices.
- Commercially astute with excellent customer service after sales experience.
- Ability to administer a busy workload, prioritise effectively and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy when coping with difficult situations.
- Capability to work to own initiative and within a team to achieve challenging targets
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for own workload.
- Experience of SAP.
- Ability to be able to commission lighting controls.
- Able to travel within UK and to HQ in Germany and flexible to work away from office when necessary.
- Support the internal sales team with both after sales and technical queries
- Resolving technical queries within internal sales department.
- Managing, processing and solving customer complaints, including customer site visits where required
- Managing external subcontractors.
- Introduce and maintain company policies.
- Implementation of reporting and procedural improvements.
- Review complaints and identify trends.
- Implement corrective action including staff training.
- Maintain a close working relationship with parent company including occasional visits.
- Managing costs and re-charging suppliers or parent company where appropriate.
- Managing remedial returns, testing where necessary and organising return of failed parts to applicable manufacturer.