IT Service Asset & Configuration Manager
£37,000 - £45,000 + Bonus, Pension & more
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Do you enjoy being respected as a subject matter expert? Are you knowledgeable with Software Asset Management (SAM) and looking for a job you can make your own, where you can see your input make a real difference?
About the role:
We have an excellent opportunity within our in-house IT team, for a proactive individual to develop and manage our Software Asset Management processes and controls. This will involve using your interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with IT Operations and Procurement, the wider business and our key suppliers to build an accurate understanding of what software we currently own and how it is deployed.
You will also develop and communicate clear IT procurement processes in conjunction with our commercial team. Applying commercial awareness is required for many aspects of this role, from the tracking and planning of renewals, service / software agreements to managing and liaising with IT suppliers and resellers. You’ll also have plenty of scope to use your knowledge and enthusiasm to drive through any recommendations on how our procedures can be improved in order to generate a positive impact on the wider business.
The role will involve a good mix of independent working and collaboration with other teams and stakeholders across the business to achieve desired outcomes. Most of our business users are based in the same building, so much of our interaction is direct and face-to-face.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing a Software Licence Management framework, tracking usage and deployment of software assets
- Developing, configuring and maintaining Asset Management tools and supporting functions, controls and reporting to maintain asset management to a high level of accuracy
- Maintaining ongoing visibility of contract renewals, initiating procurement processes as required
- Providing advice and guidance to other teams within Phoenix IT to ensure timely deployment of software licences, initiating appropriate Procurement activities where required
- Although the role is principally focused on Software Asset Management, a secondary responsibility will be to oversee the appropriate management of Hardware Assets.
What we are looking for:
- A process-driven self-starter who likes to own their professional area of expertise. This will suit someone who can work well both independently and as part of a wider IT team structure.
- Experience of working for a large complex organisation. We are a regulated FTSE 250 company, and with an organisation this size there can be plenty of complexities and challenges to consider, both within the business and with our external partners and outsourcers.
- Experience of building and maintaining a configuration management database (CMDB)
- Software licence management best practice and models, used to reviewing output from validations and making recommendations to ensure we are compliant and managing efficiency.
- Data modelling, analysis and interpretation skills using Excel - manipulating and analysing data to support recommendations and actions.
- Commercial awareness - ideally an understanding of IT procurement frameworks and the relationship with IT resellers and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills. As the team expert in this field, you will need to be able to articulate your analysis, recommendations and requests confidently to stakeholders at all levels, whether through written communications or face to face.
- ITIL Foundation level qualification or higher is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of stakeholder management and a strong focus on customer service to understand business requirements.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 21st January 2018