An opportunity has arisen for a hands on procurement professional to join a growing and forward thinking team in North Hertfordshire. Reporting into the Head of Procurement you will take responsibility for leading the corporate services category, and ensuring that procurement and contract strategies are developed and delivered across this spend area. In addition to devising and implementing strategy the role will also involve hands on procurement, and you will be responsible for leading on full tender exercises for high value, high profile projects.
Key duties will include:
- Develop, implememnt and managed category and contract strategies across the corporate services spend portfolio
- Manage tendering and contract management activities, including leading on full end to end procurements, and ensut=ring that they are fully compliant with OJEU and EU regulations
- Manage both supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Act as a professional advisor across the organisation when required
- Manage a small team
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement when required
You will be a self motivated individual who enjoys being challenged and is able to think outside the box in order to deliver savings and efficiencies. Strong man management and communication skills are also essential, as is a strong understanding of public sector procurement processes and legislation.