Senior Healthcare Assistant
We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Senior Care Assistants (HCA) to work full or part time hours throughout the Tyne and Wear area in; Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding towns through our local Newcastle branch.The Senior Healthcare Assistant Role
As a Senior Carer you'll work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.Benefits
- Salary of up to £12.26/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
In our 21 years experience we've developed a rigorous recruitment system to ensure only the best people join the Newcross team; we've innovated our IT systems to ensure a seamless, efficient service to all clients; and we've achieved three international ISO awards for our quality processes, environmental policies and IT security.Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
- NVQ3 / SVQ3 in Health and Social Care with medication certificate essential.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.