Vice President, Product Management
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
• Knowledge of the Company's products and services and an understanding of competitive advantage and ways in which a client may use BNYM products and services strategically and effectively
• Significant knowledge of the Broker-Dealer Sector, particularly with respect to cash equity and fixed income activity including but not limited to direct market access/on-exchange trading, central clearing, middle and back office activities through to safe-keeping and asset servicing (with further understanding of value-add services such as asset optimization, trade financing etc. an added benefit)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must also possess an aptitude for sales presentation and public speaking
• Experience in dealing with senior level management within an organisation (both internally and externally)
• Strong team orientation with the ability to work effectively within the Broker Dealer Services sector as well as with other product/ service business lines of the Company
• Relevant degree or academic qualifications in business, finance, marketing of related discipline; or 5 years related Product, Relationship and New Business Origination experience
• High levels of attention to detail with capacity to assess complex and large volumes of information. Be able to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation, presenting internally at Business Risk and Business Acceptance Committees where required.
• Completion of credit training or related training program and / or multi language skills advantageous
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Leads product development and strategy for large and/or complex products. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/ offerings.Qualifications
Career Path Primary Responsibilities
To understand the Broker-Dealer marketplace, competition and the regulatory landscape and to further understand and execute on the strategic goals of the Broker Dealer Services business within that landscape
To promote, market and assist with the selling BNYM Pershing’s Broker-Dealer services to prospective clients. Additionally, or support opportunities within existing Clients that require additional products and services. Contribute towards a culture of ongoing product development by working with various product, operational and relationship managers to identify ways in which our client offering is being used to optimum benefit, where these services may be improved, and what market/Client demand there is for new and or improved products.
Work alongside and relationship and sales teams, co-ordinating prospecting activities for new business and new products and providing technical input/cooperation where required for active pipeline opportunities as well as RFI and RFP responses.
The product development manager role requires strong interpersonal, commercial and entrepreneurial skills, together with the ability to translate client needs into product solutions whilst ensuring appropriate risk factors are understood and mitigated.
Create and maintain accurate pipeline of active projects, detailing essential justifications such as client/market demand, risk reward ratios and future applicability.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Increase product penetration and maintain a calling schedule of face to face client and prospect calls together with the incumbent sales leads and or relationship managers that promote and introduce the full range of Company products and services through close collaboration with the various lines of business
• Develop a good understanding of market trends, product take-up and existing client's strategic needs such as investment objectives and initiatives, asset & liability management philosophy and challenges, financing and treasury management needs, risk management and governance priorities; develop pro-active strategies that address these needs from a product perspective
• Maintain a developing network of relationships and contacts across market structures including but not limited to Client, Prospects, Competitors and Infrastructure partners from executive management to business line heads and be able to effectively articulate to peers and management any new and relevant industry trends.
• Design and own structures and processes that will create innovative value added and scalable product solutions for our clients
• Be an advocate for the client and simultaneously manage the risk and compliance impact of all product development activities by ensuring full engagement of relevant control functions within the Broker Dealer services team including but not limited to Compliance, Risk and Legal
• Manage and mitigate risks to the Company; perform administrative duties efficiently; maintain the high ethical standards of the Company and ensure the profitability of new products whilst constantly seeking to increase profitability and reduce costs of existing products, through solid pricing and profitability exercises across all Products and Clients by product take-up and profile.
OPERATIONAL RISK RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements)
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: Temp With No Employees-HR06461
Requisition Number: 1716134