The successful Category Manager will be responsible end to end procurement activity, including whole life contract management, ensuring full compliance with EU procurement directives.
A forward thinking public organisation.
- To manage Procurement activities across the category, including best practice, continuous review and revision of policies and processes to maximise value for money
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on Procurement Policy, supporting on how to achieve value for money
- Implement effective supplier management techniques and ensure benefits realisation from existing contracts
- Secure best value solutions
- To provide leadership on key projects
The successful candidate will:
- Experience leading procurement activities and sourcing strategies across a variety of spend areas
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage a variety of complex procurement contracts
- A proven track record of the end to end procurement life cycle
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
- You will ideally be CIPS qualified and educated to degree level.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive starting basic salary of £30,500, (with a potential to progress to over £40,000) plus an excellent benefits package.