We are currently looking to recruit a part-time Accounts Assistant, in the Lichfield Area.
The main focus of this role will be inputting data to Sage Line 50 Accounts Professional and producing monthly management accounts reports. A good knowledge of the Sage system is therefore essential to fulfil this role along with the ability to confidently create Excel spreadsheets and also be competent in the use of Word. An accounting or bookkeeping qualification is preferred but we will consider QBE.
The duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining Sales and Purchase Daybooks in Excel, inputting sales and purchase invoices into Sage Accounts and balancing daybooks.
- Ensuring that all sales invoice numbers are accounted for.
- Maintaining Cashbook in Excel particularly relating to credit card sales.
- Allocating customer receipts and supplier payments within the Sage Accounting package.
- Maintaining Petty Cash Book, including income from cash sales and posting to Sage.
- Ensuring entries have the correct VAT code, monthly balancing of VAT, preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and payments to HMRC.
- Preparing and producing monthly management accounts to provide information for management.
- Producing monthly Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports, investigating anomalies and correcting.
- Completing month end reconciliations relating to bank accounts, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Year End procedures and producing Year End accounts.
- Producing monthly payroll using Sage including posting journals, HMRC returns and auto-enrolment.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Introducing control systems within the accounting function as the company develops.
- Ad hoc accounting and administration duties as required.
The working hours will be 12-14 hours a week.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV too, or click APPLY.