Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purpose of the role:
- Ensure that the Purchase Ledger accounts are accurately maintained.
- To liaise/support all departments within the business through the purchase process; handle queries, track and process paperwork.
- Safeguard the company’s relationship with suppliers; ensuring payments are sent in a timely manner.
Main duties include:
- Process and register all Invoices and Credit Notes using the Microsoft Dynamics Navision system; matching appropriate Purchase Orders and Delivery Notes.
- Accurately maintain the Purchase Ledger; process new supplier setups, ensure all debts are paid in a timely manner, process payment runs in sterling/euro currencies and allocate as appropriate.
- Investigate any queries relating to Purchase Ledger and missing paperwork on a timely basis.
- Trips to our local bank branch, as required.
- Support the wider Accounts team with ad hoc requests relating to all aspects of the Finance Department.
- Any other duties reasonably associated with your role.
- Confident, enthusiastic individual with the ability to manage relationships with suppliers and internal contacts and continually exceed expectations.
- Must be capable of working with attention to detail, accurately and diligently to agreed time scales.
- Capable of working autonomously, with the ability to use their initiative to develop solutions to a problem.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a proactive and flexible approach.
- Experience of using Microsoft software packages; Excel (essential), Outlook (essential) and Dynamics Navision (desirable).
- The business is currently in the process of relocating to Bury, Greater Manchester. The position will be located in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester with a view to moving to Bury in April 2018.
- This is a part time role, and there is a flexible structure of working hours available. The role requires 24 or 25 hours work, but can be spread over 3-5 days depending on the successful applicants needs.
Please submit your covering letter and CV by 2nd February 2018.