Our client is one of the biggest brands in the Trade industry and offers their customer the best products and choice. They are a multi-million-pound turnover business and can offer you excellent career prospects and benefits. Due to their ever-expanding business this brand is now looking to recruit an experienced Operations Director from within the Trade industry that can really hit the ground running.
- Develop the business by acquiring new and developing existing customers
- Grow market share in agreed product lines and customer segments.
- Turn around branches which do not meet the Company’s sales and profit targets or operational standards
- Maintain the overall cost base in line with budget and improve productivity levels aligned to sales growth.
- Work with the Managing Director and marketing team to drive national marketing and promotional initiatives at the regional and branch level.
- Work in conjunction with the Board Directors to ensure that the Region supports the Company’s customer service standards.
- Work with preferred suppliers regionally to obtain the best possible deals and marketing support.
- Recruit, select and develop people to meet the needs of the business.
- Support and coach people in the team to improve their performance and that of the Company.
- Develop a succession plan with HR for key roles / people development.
- Communicate the objectives of the business to all staff in the region.
- Behave in a way to reinforce the core values of the business.
- Help drive the development of the business at a national level through contributions at the Management Committee meetings.
- Ideally has worked for a minimum 2 years in the merchant trade or wholesale trade with multi-site experience.
- Proven man-management ability. Preferably with a dispersed team
- Strong interpersonal skills, must possess a “can do” attitude
- Results driven - motivated by achieving new and exacting targets
- Achieves results by personifying organisational values, i.e.: team player, integrity, customer focused, standards, and takes pride in their position.
- Financially astute
- Comfortable with analysis of key performance ratios and budget / P&L setting
- Able to identify and analyse market trends
- Confident and professional in appearance - communicates well at all job levels - respected and listened to – able to make immediate impact.
- Customer focused - can socialise and negotiate with customers to ensure their needs/expectations can be met. Flexible working style and able to multi-task
If you are interested then please feel free to apply or contact a member of the RSD Recruitment team!