Private Client Tax Dircetor
Our well-regarded, Midlands based Account & business advisory client are currently recruiting for a Private Client Tax Director based in Banbury.
The purpose of the Private Client Director is to plan, organise and lead on all Private Client Tax business work, ensuring a quality and cost effective service, while still maximising margin
Who are they looking for?
The Private Client Tax Director will lead by example, able to nurture team skills and expertise. Also a brilliant communicator with all levels and a strong technical edge.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Proactive client service, responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Taking on more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the section.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing tax work performed by more junior staff. Undertaking staff appraisals and ensuring targets are met. Providing feedback and training as required.
- Seeking to identify tax planning opportunities, highlighting to partners/ client along with solutions as appropriate.
- Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. tax advisory matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Ensure that department databases are current and up to date.
- Monitoring progress against compliance deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. tax returns.
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff and allocating staff to assignments efficiently.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years proven experience within an accountancy practice
- Accountancy qualification (CTA, ACA or ACCA, or equivalent degree)
- Staff management experience
- Knowledge of personal & capital taxes (including capital gains & inheritance tax)
- Working knowledge of taxation software
- Able to confidently liaise with clients, prospects, contacts and colleagues
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Technical ability
- Networking & rapport building skills
- Private medical cover
- Medical cash plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Voluntary benefits such as childcare vouchers
- Great working culture
- 37.5 working hours per week
If you do not receive an initial reply within three working days, you can unfortunately, consider your application unsuccessful