An opportunity to join a well-respected Financial Services company who offer a good working environment with a collaborative and supportive approach. Based in Henley/Reading you will need to be available for a 12 month fixed term contract to assist the Senior VAT Accountant with the management of indirect tax compliance activities. Although VAT experienced is helpful it is not essential. Most importantly you will need 3-4 years accounting experience and a relevant degree.
Your key tasks:
- Assist the Senior VAT Accountant in the accurate preparation and timely submission of the Group's VAT returns, including any annual adjustments, capital goods scheme adjustments and European Sales Lists ("ESL"). Ensure compliance with the company partial exemption method and statutory requirements.
- Review of monthly accounts payable and general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy of VAT coding and adjustments.
- Monitor and updating, where appropriate, the risk matrix and controls.
- Liaise effectively to maintain a consistent approach to ESL and VAT obligations across the EU.
- Provide support and assistance and training to the shared service centre
- Carry out ad-hoc project work, both within the UK and across Europe.
- Keep up-to-date with legislative changes involving indirect tax.
- Maintain the VAT procedure documents and update as and when necessary.
To be selected you will need between 3-4 years' accountancy experience along with an eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlines. VAT experience is preferred but is not essential. You can be Part or Fully Qualified.