Risk/Portfolio Manager - Up to £50K - Boutique Specialist Lender
A boutique alternative finance company are looking for a Risk/Portfolio Manager to join their Credit & Risk team. This company prides themselves on the level of service they deliver to their customers which includes regular visits and immersing themselves at all levels of their client’s business.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for underwriting potential SME customers throughout the UK, strengthening the existing team.
I am looking for someone who has fantastic relationship/account management skills with a good understanding of Credit, but not necessarily strong hands on experience. The ideal candidate needs to have a strong understanding of the Broker Market with an innovative mindset.
- Assessing proposals from potential customers, analysing the Credit Risk and adhering to the Company’s Credit policy.
- Attending Client meetings on an ad-hoc basis to manage your portfolio whilst delivering the highest level of service.
- Produce informative reports on potential customers, providing your recommendations and reasoning on whether they are suitable for the requested borrowings.
- Liaise with customers and brokers as necessary
- Create and maintain strong relationships with other departments
- Previous commercial experience (does not necessarily have to be in Credit or Asset Finance)
- Confident analysing and interpreting a set of customer financial accounts
- A strong understanding of the Credit/Underwriting process
- Proven experience dealing with customers in a B2B environment, managing their expectations and controlling the situation.
- An understanding of different asset classes (Recovery, depreciation, resale etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player
- Confident working as a team and with minimal supervision