Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an experienced Cost Accountant to join a market leading business in Colchester. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic company.
This role is ideal for someone meticulous looking to progress their career or an experienced individual, reporting to the Senior Cost Accountant.
Duties are detailed below but not restricted to -
- To ensure that the financial information within The Company is accurate and reflects the true position of the company at any one point in time.
- Manage the end to end costing function for a commercial division, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring integrity of costing approach and providing immediate visibility to any abnormal costs or activity and reporting of your findings.
- To establish and maintain a regular and formal review of Work in Progress Variances with Production and Divisional Senior Staff.
- To further develop and maintain a framework of accounting controls to enable the department to be operated in an efficient and effective manner.
The successful applicant will have advanced Excel and numerical skills, plus extensive experience of variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations and experience in SAP is advantageous.