An excellent opportunity to join this international company based in Cleckheaton.
As part of the buying team you will have experience of; buying, building supplier relationships, negotiation, cost reduction, savings and process improvement.
Your principle accountabilities will include:
- Contacting suppliers to obtain competitive price, determine availability, terms and delivery schedule regarding specific requisitions; evaluating quotes and recommending awards
- Developing and preparing purchase orders, agreements, bids and contracts; processing all paperwork related to purchases including purchase order revisions
- Reviewing incoming requisitions for accuracy and completeness; resolving any problems on the requisitions with the appropriate department
- Administering and reviewing purchase orders, bids and contracts; verifying receipt, resolving discrepancies and problems regarding prices, delivery and/or quality
- Assuming responsibility for the purchasing of all materials, supplies, equipment and/or services. Handling the more routine purchases and contracts
- Monitoring and evaluating supplier compliance with contract cost, quality and schedule requirements
- Instructing and advising internal customers in the company’s purchasing procedures
- Conducting competitive buying
- Developing and applying knowledge of procurement basics, legal requirements and ethical conduct
- Fostering increased productivity and advancement opportunities through personal commitment to professional development, and by practising continuous improvement of processes
To be successful you will need 2 years’ demonstrable or relevant work experience in purchasing and competent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
#bagnallhopkins #buyercleckheaton #buyerjobswestyorkshire #buyingjobs