UK Information Manager
UK Information Manager (PRMOJP00000215)
My client, a global powerhouse within the Oil & Gas industry, is looking for a UK Information Manager to manage their IM function in London on a permanent basis.
- The role will assume primary responsibility for overseeing the lifecycle management of information and data in the Corporate (London) office and UK BU (Aberdeen). This will include assisting/planning for implementation of appropriate data management systems, and providing IM policies, procedures and guidelines that are relevant, applicable and assist the business with compliance, and leading a small team to ensure the policies and procedures are adhered to.
- The role is also responsible for managing the lifecycle of technical applications in the Corporate (London) office and UK BU (Aberdeen). Ensuring the software is procured and maintained following the petro-technical software strategy in order to optimise use, procurement and management.
- The role will also be required to provide some liaison and guidance to the IM function in my client's other offices.
- The overall objective is to provide and enhance access to all business information and to improve and maintain its accuracy and provenance, to improve efficiency and decision making in the business by providing colleagues with confidence in the information accessed and minimising the time taken to access it, and to provide the Exploration and Subsurface teams with software required to do their work successfully, most efficiently and cost effective.
- Manage the IM function in London and ensuring the team have relevant support, and advising where necessary to ensure a common approach is maintained in regard to all business and petrotechnical data throughout my client.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures for the management, access and storage of commercial and technical data.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance with those policies etc.
- Support collaborative working across the organisation and maintain records as required by company retention schedule and in accordance with legislation.
- Provide support and advice to the business on data related improvement initiatives Ensure familiarity with business applications to be able to advise on their use from a data loading/storage/formatting perspective.
- Provide support to Corporate Exploration and Subsurface teams for information and data management & database access, and point of contact for the cost-effective lifecycle management of petrotechnical software.
- Maintain petrotechnical software catalogue and perform regular audits on license usage to report on trends and ensure optimised use and procurement of these applications.
- Look for ways to reduce overhead, especially through more efficient use of contractor services and management of petrotechnical software.
- Maintain the IS Service Catalogue and benchmark performance of the IM Services through the use of user survey and service desk SLAs.
- Focal point and coordinator for development and operational issues of VDI desktop delivery solution for technical functions Promoting use of & maintaining good IM practise on my client's SharePoint DMS & intranet Responsible for managing permissions on data assets such as shared volumes and DMS Reporting on compliance/performance against all these Work with the group systems manager to enhance understanding & reporting on my client's data asset
- Identifying risks, anticipating issues and creating solutions to resolve problems
- Implementing improvements and standardisation in data organisation in a non-disruptive way.
- Effective management of company data: particularly resolution and monitoring of data quality issues.
- Improving visibility and understanding of my client's data and its quality
- Ensuring the right balance and cost of petrotechnical software licenses
- Define, create and deliver information management reporting
Financial accountability / activity indicators
- Contribute to budget management and creation (requirements)
Group I.S. Manager
Honours degree preferably in a geotechnical discipline
Skills / experience
- Extensive experience in a information management role, preferably with some time in an Oil & Gas environment
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management, Electronic Document and Records Management
- Best practices for Information Management
- People management
- Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- SharePoint and document management systems
- Knowledge of the GDPR
- HTML and or Python knowledge would be useful
- Familiarity with software asset management
- GIS project and application administration
Attributes and behaviours
- Highly motivated and goal oriented professional
- Effective communicator with the ability to inspire others and interact with a range of technical disciplines
- Proactive communication and support of the business across the organisation and externally
- Patient and measured
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.