BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - PUBLIC SECTOR SOFTWARE SERVICES
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - PUBLIC SECTOR
LOCATION: M4 CORRIDOR
SALARY: HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE + SUPERB BENEFITS PACKAGE
This is fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial bespoke software development company with a global reputation for innovation and service.
They have delivered solutions and services across a range of markets including aerospace, defence, public sector and utilities.
As part of a plan of structured growth, they are now seeking to recruit a Business Development Executive to join their successful Public Sector team.
The role reports to the respective Sector Sales Manager and is responsible for developing new leads and converting them into new profitable business.
This is a hands-on role, with the candidate being required to work at all levels and in all roles as necessary to make sure the sales objectives are met. Key Responsibilities / Activities
* To identify and develop new contacts and create and maintain relationships with key individuals in organisations in target markets.
* To work creatively with potential new prospects and internal staff to identify propositions that will meet prospects' needs.
* To lead on bids and contract negotiations as required.
* To ensure a smooth handover to the Account / Operations Manager at an appropriate juncture or to take on that responsibility as required for designated clients.
* In conjunction with other members of the sector team, to contribute to the development of the sector sales strategy and plans and assist in the preparation of annual business forecasts. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
* Proven track record in professional software services sales in the Public sector from first contact through to closure.
* Knowledge of the Public sector
* An excellent understanding of software development and integration services / consultancy and the ability to build up an in-depth knowledge of the company's technical capabilities and deliverables, operations, procedures and customer base in a short time.
* Commitment to achieving targets. Good personal organisation and focus. Please note candidates must be eligible for UK (SC) Security Clearance.
On offer is a widely negotiable salary and benefits package together with excellent opportunities for personal and career development.