We are looking for an experienced Care Assistant (HCA) who will take pride in giving the best possible quality of care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting in Bournemouth, Kinson and the surounding areas.The Position:
As a Care Assistant, you will be expected to provide care and attention to our clients in their homes or residential settings. As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling our clients to participate in their favourite activities.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. You will play a vital role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care.
Due to the location of some clients, a willingness to travel around the local areas and access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential.Role Perks:
- Salary of up to £13.54/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- DBS check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager and branch support team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Local Branch:
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth on the first floor at Colonnade House, 2 Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BY. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20 minute walk away from the train station. We cover areas from Dorchester to New Milton and up to Farnham.Person Specification:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.