An Anti-Money Laundering (AML) officer to work within the Compliance and Risk department in Northwich and this role will report to the Deputy MLRO and Information Security Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with knowledge of this specialist area and an aptitude for complex investigative work, who is looking for a challenging and varied role within the Bank's first line of defense.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The role requires in depth knowledge of the specialist area, which relates to a specific discipline - AML and Financial Crime Management and a detailed understanding of the overall business activity.
The duties will include supporting the Deputy MLRO and Information Security Manager to:
- Help ensure the Bank's AML systems and Controls meet or exceed required regulatory standard.
- Be responsible for ensuring the Bank's systems and controls meet or exceed the required regulatory standards in respect of Data protection and information security. Maintain the Bank's Business Continuity plan up to date, meet or exceed regulatory standards and is fit for purpose.
- Manage compliance/contingency/risk issues within own area of control and for the Bank.
- Help ensure that the business maintains an appropriate level of awareness of AML and to monitor adherence to the firms Anti Money Laundering Policies and Procedures. Act as a central point of contact on money laundering issues.
- Draft annual reports to the senior management of the firm relating to the effectiveness of anti-money laundering procedures.
- Provide advice on regulatory issues on areas of responsibility to all areas of the Bank's business.
- Help arrange, administer and ensure that all staff have appropriate training in relation to money laundering.
- Previous compliance experience within the financial services industry and compliance.
- 2/3 years' experience of working in a multi-disciplined team across business units.
- Someone with sound knowledge of legislation and regulation surrounding financial crime
- Excellent communication skills both written (including report writing) and verbal
- Leadership skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Meticulous and good team player and able to work on own initiative.