Senior Communications Officer
A Senior Communication Media Officer with experience promoting a business and delivering media requirements needed to work for a well-established and growing business. A great opportunity for an individual with PR, marketing and media experience.
This is a full time, permanent role worked over 35 hours per week.
The position will be based in Leatherhead, Surrey with parking onsite and pay £38,855 per annum.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in the out-of-hours on call rota. There will be regular travel between London and Leatherhead and additional around England and Wales. Overnight accommodation if more than one day is necessary.
The main duties of the Senior Communications Media Officer are to:
- Promote a positive image of the company’s work
- Overall all immediate requirements of the media activity
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective media strategy
- Develop and implement clear and effective protocols and practices
- Proactively advise and brief principal officers
- Proactively identify and prioritise any media issues
- Identify and generate positive news stories about the company
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key media contacts, stakeholders, and journalist
- Plan and prepare media responses and press releases
- Provide media advice and guidance to branches
- Organise and coordinate media facilities
- Liaise with journalists
- Supervise, coach and mentor own staff
- Provide editorial leadership and direction to the wider communications team
- Ensure any relevant spokespeople are appropriately briefed on relevant subjects
- Manage contracts for all related service providers
- Record, monitor and evaluate the success of all related functional actively
- Maintain and enhance personal professional knowledge
To be successful as the Senior Communications Media Officer you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification in journalism
- Have media/PR experience
- Have direct practical experience of handling press enquiries
- Process a comprehensive understanding of broadcasting and media industries
- Have experience within a busy press office
- Be happy to travel to other sites, with some overnight travel when required
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. E-Personnel Recruitment endeavours to respond to all applications, however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to E-Personnel Recruitment, specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment and a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) which is the professional body for the recruitment industry.