Mars Food is dedicated to providing better food today and a better world tomorrow. We seek to make everyday meals healthier, easier, more affordable and tastier, and to serve more communities responsibly. We employ more than 2,000 Associates and have 11 manufacturing sites. Our 12 leading food brands are available in more than 28 countries, and include a one billion-dollar brand, UNCLE BEN’S®, which is more than 70 years old.
At our Kings Lynn Factory we are currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager to play a key role in leading the site logistics function. This means being responsible for planning inbound and outbound deliveries as well as factory scheduling and coordination.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Leading, managing and engaging a team of Mars associates
• Deployment of our Supply Chain FAB
• World class delivery service to all out our markets
• Continuous development with the regional Supply Chain team and Logistics Managers across key markets and sites
• Ensuring a short-term production schedule is aligned with the site and the Operations Planner & ensuring all required raws & packs are delivered to the site to support this.
• Serving as a member of Site Management Team (SMT) & facilitates the local SCMR process (step 3)
• Supporting the Operating Plan, site Productivity agenda and responsible for site performance metrics and improvement projects
• Leading the Daily LMOS meetings connecting with the rest of the CMOS process.
• Driving Continuous Improvement with suppliers, site and customers on Logistics ways of working in order to reduce costs & stocks and increase ATS
To do this role you’ll need:
• Education to a relevant degree level (Engineering or Business degree) with a high level of numeracy and analytical capability, with strong communication skills
• At least 5 years relevant working experience in a production/logistics planning environment
• At least 3 years Line Management experience is ideal with proven skills and experience in people leadership
• At least 3 years successful experience in Operations, S&OP+ or Supply Chain management functions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.
Closing date: 19/01/2018
"We are committed to equal opportunity employment practices."