Complex Care Assistant
We are looking for an experienced Care Assistant to work with a female service user with a brain injury inher own home in Cowes. She lives on her own and is able to communicate, using a standing aid to mobilise and an Electric wheelchair. previous experience with caring for individuals with brain injuries is essential for this role.
Shifts are every Sunday 7.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 18.30 in Cowes with a 4-6 week rota in advance.
Join Newcross today and receive free uniform and DBS check when you start.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Role
We are looking for an experienced Care Assistant to work with a service user with a brain injury and right side weakness in Cowes. You must have previous experience dealing with brain injuries as well as assisting with moving and handling. You will also need to have a valid drivers licence and be willing to drive the client's car. Shifts are every Sunday 7.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 -18.30 in Cowes with a 4-6 week rota in advance.NewcrossCare Perks
- Salary of up to £8.65/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and free uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslip
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Newcross Healthcare provides high quality, complex care in the home, to clients with a range of complex healthcare needs. From spinal injury, to brain injury; degenerative conditions, to congenital disease, through its nurse-led, tailored approach it provides the support clients need to manage their condition and maintain the lifestyle they choose.Role Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Branch
Newcross Healthcare is based in Quay Street in Newport on the Isle of Wight.
Providing excellent quality personalised care to clients on the island, our expert healthcare team has experience in a wide range of settings including nursing homes and care homes.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.