Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
My Client is one of the UK's largest manufacturers of PVCu windows, doors, composite and glass offering the complete solution for specifiers, fabricators and installers across all market sectors and is part of a Fortune 500 Global Group. They offer their clients full product specification from R&D, through extrusion, frame, glass and composite manufacture.
They are currently working with 360 Resourcing to recruit a further Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the team based at the Tewkesbury site.
As a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer working for the business, your key role will be to carry out mechanical breakdowns on plant equipment and machinery across the site along with diagnosing and rectifying electrical faults to assist operations in achieving maximum productivity and product quality.
You will also assist with the installation and commissioning of new plant and machinery and carry out regular servicing as part of the preventative maintenance program ensuring adherence to maintenance schedules and completing documentation.
As a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be City & Guilds qualified or have the equivalent experience with the appropriate certification together with good electrical skills, (preferably 17 th Edition). You should also possess previous maintenance experience in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Rectify mechanical breakdowns on plant and machinery
- Diagnose and rectify electrical faults on plant and machinery
- Assist with installation and commissioning of new plant and machinery
- Regular servicing as part of preventative maintenance program on all plant and machinery
- Daily and weekly checks on water systems
- Complete daily timesheet and all associated paperwork
- General housekeeping in all work areas
- Delivery of continuous improvement plan
- Physical fitness and a keen team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative with minimum supervision
- City and Guilds 236 parts 1 & 2 or similar
- Electrical and mechanical experience
- 17th Edition Electrical - preferred
- Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work rotating days and nights
- Some knowledge of PLCs and control systems
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Licence to operate a forklift truck or side loader - desirable
This is a permanent position working a 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off shift pattern and is easily commutable from Cheltenham, Gloucester, Evesham, Worcester and Stroud.