Infrastructure Support Specialist
- Infrastructure Specialist (multiple positions available)
- Ref: INFLE1
- Base location: Leicester
- Salary: Up to £52,600 (dependent on experience & assessment performance
- Contract: Full time (40 hours)
- Contract Length: 23 month fixed term contracts & permanent contracts (dependent on eligibility)
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC), with emphasis on innovation, is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. Did we mention that we’re dedicated to innovation? The CIC is a fast-paced and dynamic business, created to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Buzzing with invention, originality and a pioneering spirit, it feels like an entrepreneurial start-up, but with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company.
We offer a unique experience for those with exceptional talent, extraordinary ambitions and forward thinking ideas. The CIC is place for people with real enthusiasm and a passion for IT, a place for those who want a challenge, ask questions, and explore what’s possible.
We could write here about how we want flexible, hard-working and driven individuals to join our rapidly expanding team, and we do, but we’re also looking for more than that. We want people who will go the extra mile, grab the bull by the horns and shout "I can do this!" We’re looking for people that are hungry to grow, who think outside the box and that thrive in a friendly and energetic working environment.
What do we look for in a person?
- Resilience to change - Because it can and will happen
- Passionate - To make a difference
- Inquisitive - Go on, ask a question!
- Team Player - Teamwork makes the dream work
- Fun - As it’s a vital part of our innovative culture!
This is not a list of generic personal attributes, this is a list of what we are looking for in an employee, a list of qualities that we live and breathe in the CIC. If this sounds like you, then we want you in our team!
As one of the world’s largest, and most innovative, companies we deliver top-notch services using cutting-edge technology, so your skills count!
We’re looking for Infrastructure Specialists that have experience in providing support for complex projects, including excellent technical documentation authoring skills, knowledge of the requirements for secure public sector infrastructure and hands-on experience diagnosing complex problems. Candidates will be responsible for the installation and configuration provisioning of all infrastructure systems software and servers in addition to operations maintenance of physical or virtual software and servers.
Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- Providing operational support and respond to tickets raised by users
- Installation & configuration of routers and switches
- All deskside related issues/ moves of machines/ resolving issues with users machine
- Server management from an Operating System (OS) perspective
- Good understanding of Windows Domains and Active Directory
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Experience of working in a secure environment
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
Desirable skills include:
- Experience of the Linux operating system is required, (any variant is acceptable)
- Strong Hadoop skills, including administration
- Experience of Workstation Builds/Workstation Deployments
- Experience of Linux VHDL, Open CL, Real time processing Java, RedHat
- Experience of Tivoli Endpoint Manager for patching of all Windows workstations estate wide
We’re looking for people with a degree in Computer Science or related subject. We’re equally interested in people with degrees in another subject that demonstrates logical thinking. We typically ask for a 2:1 or above, however, if you don’t have a 2:1 degree and believe we shouldn’t miss out on your skills and experience, convince us!
Perks don’t hurt
As the CIC is very much an employee focused environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to travel to client’s sites and other IBM and CIC centres across the UK, sometimes even further! Travel flexibility is important to us as our clients often like to work with you face to face. You will be expected to travel throughout your employment so we are looking for explorers, those people who are willing to go the extra mile for our clients (quite literally!) If you are not willing to travel to projects then we won’t be able to consider your application.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order to be eligible for this role, all applicants must have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years, ideally 10 years. If you do not fit the criteria for this role, please review our other opportunities on our website. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.