Accounts Payable Supervisor
Robert Walters are working with a well known company who provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers. Watford based business have a vacancy for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to lead a small team reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager. Salary is up to £45,000.
Robert Walters are working with a well known company who provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers. Watford based business have a vacancy for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to lead a small team reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager.
Working closely with the Accounts Payable Manager and the wider finance team you will be responsible for overseeing and controlling the Purchase Ledger function, ensuring of first class delivery whilst developing and improving controls and procedures within the function. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the accounts Payable function, with an overall team responsibility of up to 6 members of staff
- Processing transactions such as internal or 3rd party supplier invoices with adjustment of advances, retentions, deductions etc. and ensure that they are processed in a timely and efficient manner; perform internal payment activities as well as necessary account reconciliations; prepare and process weekly payments; execute analysis and reports as assigned (i.e. GR/IR, open items, KPIs) and perform additional activities to ensure accurate and timely reporting; support internal control testing and prepares relevant documentation
- Stakeholder management: you answer any queries received and participate in business meetings to maximize our customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement: you collaborate with other teams in continuous improvement activities and initiatives focusing on delivering efficiency, transparency and standardization
- Have Accounts Payable experience of working within a similar role, including GR/IR, Intercompany Reconciliations & Payments, Multiple Entities and Currencies
- Have strong people development & coaching skills
- Be a good user knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Have the ability to work with & Influence all stakeholders
- Have the ability to work in teams and with deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate good understanding of financial accounting, reporting and internal control as a strong plus
- Have previous experience in Finance Shared Services for a global company is desired
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to join a Global Leader in their field. The business have an excellent reputation for developing and retaining their employees.
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base salary of circa £40 - 45k plus private healthcare, pension and many other company specific benefits.
To be considered for this role please call Kay Edle on or email your up to date CV to