This is a great opportunity for a Buying Manager to move into a corporate retail business that have strong procedures and processes in place. This opportunity will give you full autonomy of your category. Career development is top priority to so you should expect to see aggressive career growth, with plenty of challenges along the way.
The client are a well known and recognisable retail business based in North London. The business are well known for their dynamic, diverse culture and building long term careers for high potential and highly driven people across all areas of the business.
As Buying Manager you will be responsible for:
- Helping to implement the category buying plans to meet category objectives
- Conducting competitor bench-marking, visiting stores/websites to understand how my range compares
- Reviewing existing supplier performance and identifying potential new suppliers
- Leading negotiation of departmental supplier terms agreements (incl.returns), improving the trading position in a sustainable way
- Work across Multi-Channel offering, ensuring both stores and online have commercial ranges to suit the customers needs
- Supporting category merchandising colleagues to develop the trade plan
- Identifying new products, creating briefs and supporting new product development processes (incl. packaging)
- Working with suppliers and category quality team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained
- Work closely with other parts of the business to ensure the category's performance is constantly monitored and optimised
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The successful Buying Manager will:
- Be from a retail background and have experience in buying internationally and multichannel
- Ideally have a background in buying from product categories including- printers, ink and batteries. If not then electrical's would be beneficial
- Have a strong supplier network within this field
- Have great supplier management and be experienced in negotiating
The Offer is very competitive and dependent on ability in interview and level of experience to date.
The salary is ranging from £40k-45k + bonus, and benefits