In House Solicitor
An In House Solicitor is required for one of the UK’s largest staff associations.
The association negotiates and consults with the government on all aspect of pay, allowances, hours of duty, annual leave, pensions, and regulations around training, promotion and discipline. The work is highly interesting and varied.
They are seeking an In House Solicitor to deal with the following:
- Provide a comprehensive service of employment law advice regarding members to the General Secretary and their Deputy.
- Implementing and keeping under review a legal strategy that ensures a consistent approach to the provision of legal advice and support.
- Provide in-house advice on civil procedure and costs matters.
- Designing and delivering in-house training on legal issues.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Professional legal qualification and evidence of continuing professional development.
- 2 years post qualified experience in employment law and/or discrimination law.
- A demonstrable understanding, awareness and commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity.
- Good understanding of Employment Tribunal practice and procedure.
- Ability to assess cost/merit/benefit of cases.
- Direct experience of assigning cases to and working with advocates.
- Understanding of the staff association role.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work.
- Ability to make complex legal matters accessible to non-lawyers.
- Ability to review commercial contracts.
- Good research skills.