Teaching Assistant job to work with ESBD children in Mainstream Primary School
Your new school
This primary school based in the Burnage area of Manchester are looking to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has a background of working with ESBD and EAL children across key stage 2.
Your new role
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working with 3 different children in year 3 and 4 who have ESBD and have English as a second language.
What you'll need to succeed
The nature of the roles requires candidates to have experience of building a strong rapport with students in order to offer them continued and consistent support in and out of the classroom. The ideal candidates for these jobs will have extensive understanding of supporting emotional and behavioural difficulties and have a patient and calm nature to match. You will also need to be able to prepare fun and proactive activities to stimulate learning and encourage students' progress. Some roles may require pastoral support therefore, we are looking for TAs who can act as strong role models.
What you'll get in return
- Be able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Have strong behaviour managements skills (Team Teach training would be an advantage)
- Have a firm understanding of the UK National Curriculum
- Experience of working in PRUs/ with NEET students is not necessary but would be an advantage
- Be able to conform to school policies and procedures - safeguarding, welfare, health and safety, data protection and pastoral care
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.