Senior Carer/Team Leader
This is a new permanent opportunity for a Level 3 Senior Carer to join the team of our valued client, an established care organisation that believe everyone should live a fulfilled, safe and happy life. You will be joining a well established and well respected independent care home, having 81 beds and, as such, you will have a track record of providing exceptional service within the care industry.
- An attractive salary of £8.50 - £9.75 per hour, based on experience
- Company bonus and incentive scheme
- 37 ½ hr working week
- Shifts are
- 8.00am - 2.00pm
- 2.00pm - 8.00pm
- 8.00am - 8.00pm day
- 8.00pm - 8.00am night
- Successfully working as part of a team to create a comfortable and stimulating environment for service users
- Communicate effectively with relatives, partners, advocates, friends or carers regarding the customer’s health, social care and well-being
- Discuss care plans with the patients and relatives to promote their involvement in shaping and monitoring personal services
- Receive feedback from service users and relatives and maintain accurate patient records
- Ensure that customer care, support plans and risk assessment are followed and contribute to regular reviews of these plans
- Maintain communication with patients to achieve the greatest possible control over their own life, ensuring that the service delivered meets the needs of the customer
- Carry out personal care to assigned patients
- Provide high quality, responsive and person centred services that meet the physical, mental and emotional needs of customers
- Supervise and monitor staff performance
- Carry out performance monitoring and management when it is necessary
- Involvement within the recruitment and retention of staff within the area
- Devise user led rotas and ensure that the appropriate care plans are implemented
- Ensure staff are fully trained and job shadowing has taken place to the required standards
- Complete regular staff supervisions and annual performance reviews in line with current policies
- Be aware of and follow company care and support policies and procedures, with particular attention to standards of customer service, health and safety, and equality and diversity
- Demonstrates a sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self respect at all times
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Willing to be on call on a rota basis
- Understanding of CQC and Quality Assessment Framework
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and the elderly in a similar setting
- Health & Social Care NVQ Level 3 or willing to study towards this qualification through a company funded course
- Candidate must drive due to the location and nature of the role
- Recognises different needs, circumstances and points of view in others, and responds to these appropriately
If you feel that you are suitable for this role, please apply now to be considered for this opportunity. This would suit an individual that is passionate about providing exceptional care and working effectively within a team.
My client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients' residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references.
If you need to discuss this role in more detail, please call Demon Recruitment & Resourcing in the Croydon office. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
Demon Recruitment confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Whilst we would like to personally respond to every application this often isn't possible due to the volume of applicants. Should you have not been contacted within 7 days you have not been short listed on this occasion. However, your CV may be held on file for future reference.