Our team of healthcare professionals is growing and we now have several Support Worker jobs available for individuals who share are commitment to excellence in care in in Leicester, Coalville, Shepshed, Ashby De La Zouch and the surrounding towns.
You will need to be able to travel to our Leicester branch and to different client locations, so your own transport is desirable.The Position
Working as a Support Worker means you'll be working to improve and support the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter. You could be working on a 1-to-1 basis with service users or within a team of support worker in local residential, care and supported living settings. It is therefore essential that you are confident delivering personal care on a case-by-case basis to improve the mental and physical wellbeing of those you are supporting.The Benefits
- Pay rate up to £13.75/hr
- Weekly pay including holiday pay
- Criminal record check (DBS) refunded after initial period
- Free training and uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online account area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross Healthcare is a trusted organisation that has been providing excellent quality care to clients in nursing homes, hospitals and people in their own homes for over 20 years. With proven results through our in-house training, you will also benefit from the support of a local line manager.The Local Branch
Your local branch is situated locally in the city of Leicester in Grange Business Park, a 25-minute drive from city centre. Here you will find the burial place of King Richard III who was defeated at the Battle of Bosworth Field resulting in his remains being notably found being found under a car park in 2012.
We cover the areas between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Mowbray.The Requirements
- To prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
- If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a support worker job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.