Accounts Assistant - Accounts Receivable
Accounts Assistant - Accounts Receivable required for large recycling / manufacturing company, based in Tamworth - 12 months maternity cover contract.
The position of Accounts Receivable – AR is based in the company Head Office in Tamworth, Staffordshire. This role forms part of a team of 4 finance personnel and provides support to all of the Recycling business entities. This role may require travel to the depots in order to ensure depot administration is consistent with head office requirements.
- Positive, proactive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Accounts experience necessary
- AAT qualification desirable
- Willingness to challenge processes and offer new ideas
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Experience with Navision and SAP beneficial but not essential
- Bookkeeping/Double Entry knowledge preferred
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and reconcile month end debtor listings and report overdues to group
- Collate/generate internal compliance revenue reporting to sign off level
- Responsible for all aspects of credit control including chasing customers, resolving queries and agreeing credit claims with relevant parties
- Raising of agreed credit notes and generation of related monthly accruals where necessary
- Calculation of bad debt accrual in accordance with group reporting requirements
- Review new customer account forms, run necessary credit check reports using Experian and ensure new account set up on dual systems
- Liaise with credit insurance providers and ensure appropriate insured limits are reflected on the systems
- Continued review of customer credit limits including annual turnover calculations to ensure appropriate limits
- Allocation of customer receipts and contras and ensure that customer contract agreements are up to date
- Internal reporting to CFM and Depots, highlighting potential over credit limit customers and on stop customers
- Creation & maintenance of procedure manuals for all AR responsibilities
- Ad Hoc Duties
Full time, Mon – Thurs 08:30 to 16:30, 45 mins unpaid break, Fri 08:30 to 16:00 30 mins unpaid break so 36 hour per week contract.
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
This is a great opportunity to work for part of a global company, and help enable the operation to run smoothly and efficiently.