****Location is flexible - though advertised as Kent, this individual could work from Kent, London, Newcastle or Leeds****
1st Step Accountancy & Finance have partnered with a leading Asset Management business that provide a comprehensive suite of General & Financial Management across development, construction and operational phases of finance projects.
Our client employs in excess of 300 staff with a current turnover of c£30m. This is a fast growing business that will offer a wide variety of opportunities to develop your career and potentially travel globally if desired. Our client are the largest SPV company in the World and this opens up a wide range of opportunities.
Within post you will act as Finance Manager to 5 SPV(s). It will be your responsibility to ensure that each SPV is compliant with its statutory, contractual and regulatory obligations. You will deliver financial management obligations and reporting requirements.
Within post you must be able to develop and hold strong working relationships with Directors, Shareholders, Funders and Advisors alike and be the main point of contact on all Financial matters.
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare the annual operating budget and present this for board approval
- Deliver the annual budget to the funder(s) in accordance with the requirement of the Financing Agreements.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts, then prepare the finance report for presentation to the Finance and Commercial Director.
- Ensure Cash Book, Day Books and Balance Sheet reconciliations are produced as required and reviewed monthly.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Manage taxation obligations in accordance with the relevant tax legislation and, as appropriate, in accordance of the advice of each tax advisor.
- Prepare and manage the audit process and the relationship with legal and tax advisors.
- Manage the preparation and the appropriate filing of unaudited interim accounts, as required.
- Ensure effective and compliant treasury and working capital management in order to maximise shareholder returns and minimise risk.
What you need:
- Minimum 4 years PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Ideally Practice Trained with a background in Audit
- Ability to identify potential issues surrounding a piece of complex legislation or policy and provide easily understood verbal and written analysis material and advice that is clear and comprehensive
- Knowledge of project finance
The important parts!
- £60,000pa + Pension at 10%
- 27 days holiday + BHs
- Employee Life Assurance
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Access to an extensive Employee Assistance Program
- (There will be some travel involved within this post - please ask for further detail on this. )